Airline Flight Academy (AFA), flight training partner for a number of airline clients including Ryanair, are continuing to accept applications for their B737 type-rating programme! Successful candidates will be trained to the highest standards and will get the opportunity to fly the newest B737 8200 for the Ryanair Group
BENEFITS OF THE CADET PROGRAMME
- World Class Training
- Industry Leading SOPs
- Salary from Base Training
REASONS TO BECOME A RYANAIR PILOT
- Job security
- Structured Command Upgrade programme
- Unrivalled career progression – opportunities for SFI, LTC, TRE & TRI
- The best and most stable roster in the business
- Guaranteed days off
- No planned overnights and rosters published 4 weeks in advance
- Great base opportunities available at many locations across the network
- Outstanding Earnings Potential
- New modern fleet and the opportunity to fly the brand new Boeing 737 aircraft including the new B737 8200
- Hold unrestricted right to live and work in the EU and/or UK
- Date of Birth – (Not over 65)
- Licence Type – must have a valid EASA (CPL) Frozen ATPL (Air Transport Pilots License)
- Validity of Medical – Must hold a valid EU (Part-MED) issued Class 1 medical certificate.
- Hold a valid multi-engine instrument rating
- Hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of Advanced Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (AUPRT) in accordance with FCL.745.A.
- Hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of multi-crew co-operation (MCC) in accordance with AMC1 FCL.735.A.
- Applicants holding a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION OF APS MCC-TRAINING in accordance with AMC2 FCL.735.A
- Will be given preference during initial selection
- Will be at a distinct advantage in the interview and assessment process.
- Must have a flight school report
- Your FLIGHT SCHOOL REPORT must be written in English. The document MUST also be signed by your Flight School’s HOT (Head of Training). This requirement applies to both Integrated and Modular students. This report MUST also contain ALL ATPL results (detailing any repeats), CPL & MEIR series passes, and information relating to your performance throughout training.
- Cadets who have conducted a modular course need to have 100 hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC), or 70 hours as PIC if completed during a course of integrated flying training as set out in Appendix 3 A, C & D to Part-FCL and AMC1 to Appendix 3 A, C & D.
- English Language Proficiency –minimum required proficiency Level is Operational Level (Level 4). (Written proficiency is required at Operational level).
Candidates who are selected will be required to do an online pre-assessment test. If you then get shortlisted to the next stage, the below steps will follow:
- The selection procedure takes place in Dublin (Ireland) or any other training centres used by the airline. The day begins with an introduction to Ryanair and the recruitment team. Pilots can expect:
- Pre-simulator briefing
- Company presentation
- Simulator assessment in a B737-800 simulator – 45 minutes as both Pilot Flying (PF) and Pilot Monitoring (PM). Basic handling skills, CRM and flight management will be assessed
- English language test
- Technical assessment – 30 minutes assessing your technical knowledge on your current/previous aircraft type(s)
- Personnel interview – Approximately 30 minutes to convince us of your suitability to join the team, and to prove that you are the sort of person who will thrive in an environment where hard work and effort are rewarded.
- Those who emerge successfully from the selection process will be offered a place on a type-rating course at East Midlands Training Center.
- Within 7 working days after the selection day, applicants will be contacted by phone or e-mail with their assessment results, be it positive or negative.
Training Start Dates
- Courses available throughout the year for suitable candidates
Phase 1: Six-day introduction course
Phase 2: Ground Training
- Computer-based training on systems and equipment
- Instructor support for CBT
- Stand-up instruction on performance, weight and balance
- Fixed-base simulator sessions
- Flight management system sessions
- Standard operating procedure training
- Written theoretical knowledge examination including results and evaluation
Phase 3: Simulator Training
- 12 Fixed Base Sim sessions
- 7 Full Flight Sim sessions
- 1 crew skills test session per crew
- 1 preliminary simulator circuit training of 1 hour per trainee
- MAX Differences Training
Phase 4: Base and Line Training
- After successful completion of the training qualification course, circuits will be flown on a Ryanair B737-800
- Line training will take place from one of our many bases. The number of sectors required to complete Line Training varies with the experience level of the pilot.
Affording you the opportunity to learn from some of the World’s best trained pilots, coupled with the fastest route to command for motivated, career driven pilots, making Ryanair one of the most attractive airlines to work for. Come join us as we continue to climb to new heights and provide you with endless career opportunities!
WORLD CLASS TRAINING
You might wonder how we train our pilots to be the best in the industry. See below as to how Ryanair can develop you from a low hour cadet to a commander in as little as 5 years. Our training programme includes:
- A comprehensive training plan
- Preparatory computer based training
- Ground school dedicated to teaching you all aspects of a Boeing 737
- Continuous simulator training with experienced instructors
- Line training across our entire network in a variety of airports
- Online resources throughout your Ryanair career
- Guidance from instructors and examiners to help you achieve your full potential
- Unlimited use of our FTD’s across the network
- A comprehensive “Route to Command” programme
New modern fleet – our fleet consists entirely of New Generation Boeing 737s with an average age of five and a half years.
Please note that Ryanair is an equal opportunities employer. Applications for employment can only be made through the channels detailed on this website. Applicants who canvass (by phone, direct contact or through existing employees) will be disqualified. Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we receive, unfortunately we will only be in contact with you if you have been shortlisted for an interview.